The conflict in Yemen is the greatest humanitarian conflict in the world. For the next 5 days, we will be sharing information about this conflict, and attempting to explain how US imperialism has made it far worse. We hope you will join us on the Yemen Day of Action on Jan 25th for a global webinar, hosted by Code Pink, at 11AM. https://www.codepink.org/globalyemen
- 238,000 people are facing famine conditions in Yemen today due to an ongoing civil war, which has been made worse by the intervention of the US and Saudi Arabia.
- 7.4 million people need treatment for malnutrition, two million of which are children under five years old
- 17.8 million people do not have access to the necessary facilities
- 19.7 million people lack access to adequate health care
- A massive cholera epidemic has also affected the country, and large numbers of people have been internally displaced
- The world powers involved in this conflict are engaging in collective punishment of entire villages.
- Since Trump has declared the Houthis as terrorists, relief from other countries or organizations is at risk.